I love fruit based desserts in the summer, full of natural, juicy sweetness! This is a quick and easy parfait that you can make with any fresh, ripe fruit that you have on hand. I used strawberries and kiwis for a bright & colorful combination. Layered with vanilla bean cream and sweet, crunchy pecans, this combination of flavors and textures is so yummy!
For the fruit:
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 kiwis, peeled, cut in half and sliced
*or any fruit combination of your choice
For the Vanilla Bean Cream:
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts, soaked for 2-4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz water
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- seeds of one vanilla bean
- ¼ cup coconut oil
Place macadamia nuts, water, honey and vanilla in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth. With the blender running, add coconut oil and blend until just combined.
For the Pecan Crunchies:
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw pecans, preferably soaked for 4-6 hours and dehydrated for 24 hours until crisp
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
Mix honey, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Roughly chop the pecans either by hand or in a food processor. Keep them chunky. Add pecans to the honey mixture and stir well to coat. Sprinkle with coconut and mix well.
For each parfait, layer as follows:
1. ¼ cup strawberries
2. ½ of a kiwi
3. 2 tablespoons Vanilla Bean Cream
4. ¼ cup Pecan Crunchies
5. ¼ cup strawberries
6. ½ of a kiwi
7. 2 tablespoons Vanilla Bean Cream
8. garnish with any extra fruit
9. 2 tablespoons Pecan Crunchies
Enjoy with pleasure!