With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a gourmet summer dish ready in minutes. I've been getting the most gorgeous organic, heirloom tomatoes from a local farm. Combined with creamy, ripe avocados, refreshing lime and a zesty cilantro infused oil, this Mexican inspired dish makes a delicious starter or side.
Heirloom Tomato Stacks with Avocado and Cilantro Infused Oil
For the Cilantro Infused Oil:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, well packed
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed chili pepper
Place the peeled garlic cloves in a food processor and pulse to chop. Add the cilantro and process until finely chopped. Alternately, you can mince the garlic and finely chop the cilantro by hand. Place garlic and cilantro in a small bowl. Stir in the olive oil, salt and chili pepper. Set aside.
For the assembly:
- 4 heirloom tomatoes of varying color
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- Cilantro Infused Oil recipe from above