I pretty much love any version of a cole slaw. This one combines a rainbow of fresh veggies to nourish all of your chakras. The mayo has a mild heat to suit a sensitive palate like mine, so feel free to add more chipotle for those who like a real kick!
Serves 8 as a side dish
For the Rainbow Slaw:
- 5 c. finely shredded cabbage
- 1½ c. shredded carrot
- 1 c. red & yellow bell pepper, julienned
- ¾ c. red onion, cut into very thin strips, preferably with a mandoline
- ¼ c. chopped cilantro leaves (well packed)
- 1 c. sunflower seeds, soaked in water for 4-6 hours, drained and rinsed well
- ¾ c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. water
- ¼ c. lime juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
Toss all of your veggies in a very large bowl. You may want to save a small amount of chopped cilantro to be used for garnishing.
Place all ingredients except olive oil in a high-powered blender. Blend until creamy. Add the olive oil last with the blender motor running until well combined.
Pour your mayo over the slaw and mix very well. Serve chilled.